Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
The Online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree completion program at the University of Georgia is designed for full-time employees, military personnel, and individuals wishing to upgrade business skills. Students earn a BBA in General Business, a major which provides a broad background of practical business knowledge to support careers as managers or entrepreneurs.
Online courses are taught by the same well-respected faculty who teach in the on-campus undergraduate program. A typical student completes two consecutive courses each semester and graduates in three years with cohorts starting in January, June, and August. After completing all degree requirements, students are encouraged to participate in a graduation ceremony on the University of Georgia Athens campus.
Are You Ready to Complete Your BBA Degree Online?
- Is UGA authorized to offer online degrees in your state? Check State Authorizations.
- Complete a minimum of 45 credit hours of pre-admission coursework (Core Areas I-VI).
- Already earned 45 credit hours? Submit your Online BBA Program Application. Now accepting applications for courses beginning in June and August 2015!
Rankings & Accreditations
- The Terry College of Business undergraduate program is ranked #21 nationally and #11 among public business schools by U.S. News & World Report.
- The University of Georgia is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The Terry College of Business is accredited by the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5% of the world's 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB accreditation.
- Up-to-date computer or laptop with current operating system (Windows or Mac)
- Speakers/headphones, microphone, and webcam required
- High speed Internet access strongly recommended
To receive additional information about the program, submit a Request for Information. If you have questions about program requirements, contact the UGA Online BBA Program Coordinator at 706-542-3553 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Terry College of Business Undergraduate Programs Office looks forward to assisting you.
The UGA Online BBA requires no campus visits. All course content, assignments, and exams are delivered and completed online.
The typical student takes two, consecutive 8-week courses per semester (6 credit hours) in a prescribed sequence. Most students finish the online BBA degree program in three years.
During the program, students complete 61 credit hours online, including:
- 12 hours of upper division business core courses,
- 21 hours of major required courses,
- 12 hours of upper division general electives,
- 15 hours of Arts and Sciences electives, and
- a 1-hour Physical Education course.
Upper Division Business Core (12 hours)
- MSIT 3000 Statistical Analysis for Business I
- FINA 3000 Financial Management
- MARK 3000 Principles of Marketing
- MGMT 3000 Principles of Management
Major Required Courses (21 hours)
All major courses must be completed with a grade of C (2.00) or better.
- ACCT 5990 Fundamentals of Intermediate Accounting
- FINA 4920 Financial Modeling
- LEGL 4300 Law of Business Organizations
- MARK 4100 Consumer Buyer Behavior
- MGMT 4000 Operations Management
- MGMT 5560 International Strategic Management
- MGMT 5920 Organizational Behavior
Upper Division General Electives (12 hours)
- ECON 4040 International Business Environment
- REAL 4000 Real Estate
- RMIN 4000 Risk Management and Insurance
- Choose one additional (3-hour) course 3000-level or above; can be satisfied with a non-Terry prefix course.
Arts and Sciences Electives (15 hours)
Choose from available 1000–5000 level Arts and Sciences courses. See the UGAonline course catalog for options.
Physical Education (1 hour)
PEDB 1950 Fitness for Life Walking
Graduation in Athens
After completing all degree requirements, Terry College of Business graduates are encouraged to celebrate their success by attending graduation on the historic Athens campus of the University of Georgia
Credit & Transfer
- Total Hours Required to Earn Degree: 121 hours
- Minimum Transfer Hours: 60 hours
- Minimum Program Hours: 45 hours
Only transfer credits from accredited institutions will be considered.
Applicants who wish to be considered for the online BBA program must meet the following requirements:
- 60 transferable college credit hours
- Minimum overall and cumulative 2.8 GPA (former UGA students 2.6 overall GPA)
- Completed all Core Areas I-VI (see Pre-Application Checklist)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two years of work experience (including military) and professional references
Check State Authorizations. UGA is authorized to offer online programs to students residing in over 30 states. Please ensure your state is authorized. Contact UGAonline at 1-844-UGA-DAWG or email@example.com for additional information.
Once you complete the steps above, you are ready to apply:
Program Application – Complete the Online BBA Program Application. The Program Coordinator will advise you as to the appropriate semester to complete your UGA Transfer Student Application.
UGA Transfer Student Application – Transfer students must apply for admission to UGA. Non-Refundable Application Fee: $60.
Official Transcripts – Submit official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities to UGA.
International Applicants must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to UGA.
If you are a veteran or active duty personnel, visit University of Georgia's Undergraduate Admissions Information for Veterans for relevant information and assistance.
Former UGA Students
Former UGA students must have a minimum 2.6 overall GPA (transfer and UGA coursework combined) as well as a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA (UGA coursework only). Contact the Online BBA Program Coordinator for additional information.
Please refer to the UGA International Transfer Application Requirements.
The Online BBA admits for the Spring (January), Summer (June), and Fall (August) semesters. Get started on your application early to meet the deadlines below.
- Summer: March 1, 2015
- Fall: April 1, 2015
- Spring: Sept. 1, 2015
Contact the Online BBA Program Coordinator or call 706-542-3553 for answers to any additional questions you may have.
Tuition & Fees
The total cost of the program will vary based on the number of credit hours required after transfer. However, a minimum of 45 credit hours must be earned in residency at UGA.
Estimated Tuition & Fees:
|Online Tuition||$518 per hour||45–61 hours||$9,324||$23,310–$31,598|
|Fees||$585 per semester||8–9 semesters||$1,755||$4,680–$5,265|
Online students pay the following fees: Connect UGA, Green, Special Institutional, and Technology. See UGA Registrar Tuition & Fees for the complete schedule of fees.
Tuition and fees are subject to change as determined by the University System of Georgia Board of Regents. Online tuition is a flat fee regardless of residency status.
Additional costs include:
- Exam proctoring fees
- Technology upgrades
Visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for information about financial assistance.
Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit Veterans Educational Benefits to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
University System of Georgia Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The purpose of TAP is to foster the professional growth and development of eligible employees. For more information, see Tuition Assistance Program Policy (refer to the Distance Learning section).