Graduate Certificate in Organization Coaching
Offered through the Mary Frances Early College of Education, the University of Georgia's Graduate Certificate in Organization Coaching is a desirable, complementary credential for students pursuing a graduate degree in adult learning, leadership, and organization development, as well as those in other fields who want to be a certified organization coach.
To date, no other institutions of higher education in Georgia offer explicit and focused training in organization coaching as part of their graduate degree program or as a stand-alone graduate certificate program.
The content of this certificate was designed to align with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and Graduate School Alliance for Education in Coaching certification standards. By adhering to these standards, individuals who complete the certificate program are prepared to implement evidence-based and instructionally-effective practices for coaching individuals and teams.
- Attractive for professionals looking for graduate-level professional development related specifically to coaching individuals and teams in organizations
- Pairs well with many graduate degrees
- Coaching credential allows students to provide developmental coaching to executives, teams, leaders, and others in organizations
- Organization coaching is interdisciplinary
- Responds to a growing demand for organization and executive coaching certification
The University of Georgia is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Online students pay the following fees: Connect UGA, Green, and Technology. Potential additional costs include textbooks, exam proctoring fees, and technology upgrades.
Visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for information about financial assistance.
Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit Veterans Educational Benefits to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
University System of Georgia Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The purpose of TAP is to foster the professional growth and development of eligible employees. For more information, see Tuition Assistance (refer to the Distance Learning section).
University System of Georgia Tuition Assistance for residents 62 and Older
Georgia residents who are aged 62 and older may be eligible to take courses on a space-available basis at little or no cost. Additional information can be found in Board of Regents Policy 22.214.171.124, Persons Aged 62 and Older. Students who are interested in this program should contact their college or university of interest for additional information. You can find more information about admissions on UGA's Admissions page
Students who are not currently enrolled at UGA should apply to the graduate school for the Graduate Certificate program in Organization Coaching and are not required to take entrance exams and submit letters of recommendation. Admission requirements for degree-seeking students require that they are admitted to a UGA graduate program and have a minimum of a 3.0 average.
- Application – Submit online to the Graduate School Admissions. Application fee: $75 Domestic/$100 International.
- Select Campus- Online
- Select Intended Program -CERG, Organization Coaching (Lifelong Ed, Admin, and Policy)[CERT_2ORC_ON]
- Statement of purpose - Submit to the Graduate School online in your application.
- Transcripts – Submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended as part of the online application. Send official transcripts after you are offered admission.
International Applicants - must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: February 15
- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 15
The purpose of this certificate program is to provide full certification in the principles and practices of organization coaching for graduate students. Organization coaching encompasses different types of coaching that might be applied in organizations such as executive, team, leader, or life coaching, and allows students to provide developmental coaching with the outcome of improving their interpersonal and leadership behaviors.
Coursework will help you understand:
- Foundational literature on theories and models that inform organization coaching and its linkages to adult learning, leadership, organization development, and change theory
- Career issues faced by adults and the role coaching interventions can play in addressing them
- Methods and practices of organization coaching by practicing the range of interventions applied in organization coaching, such as selecting and using assessments, giving feedback, choosing appropriate interventions, dealing with difficult clients, and developing a coaching toolbox
You will also practice coaching with a practicum client as a capstone experience to apply the theory, models, and practices learned during the certificate program.
Organization Coaching Graduate Certificate Program of Study
Organization Coaching Graduate Certificate Core (Required 15 semester hours)
- Computer with current operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux). Additional peripherals such as webcam, headphones, and printer may be required.
- High-speed internet access.