Online Master of Business and Technology
Offered through the Terry College of Business, the University of Georgia's online Master of Business and Technology is uniquely designed to reinforce your IT skillset and complement it with project management and leadership experience. Operating at the intersection of business management and IT, our graduates are prepared to lead teams that build technology-based solutions and they are highly sought after by employers with 100% employed after completing the program.
Ranked #4 in the nation for online graduate (non-MBA) business degrees by U.S. News & World Report.
Flexible and Convenient
Designed for working professionals, the online Master of Business and Technology program is delivered through an online format of scheduled and self-paced coursework that allows you to earn a master's degree in just two years.
We offer an innovative online Master of Business and Technology degree that focuses on business and technology and addresses the gap between business strategy and technical know-how. With this targeted body of knowledge, our graduates are prepared to lead digital initiatives as a business analyst, project manager, or an application developer.
Ahead of the Curve
An industry advisory board shapes our curriculum and award-winning researchers and industry practitioners teach our classes. The result? You learn the latest technologies needed to succeed in a fast-paced industry.
Real-world, Team-based Experience
Obtain leadership skills and project management experience while collaborating on a team-based capstone project for a corporate client. Teams create an internet-based enterprise application to solve a business problem or capitalize on an opportunity.
The University of Georgia is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of the University of Georgia may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Terry College of Business is accredited by the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Less than 5% of the world's 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB accreditation.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition rates and student fees can change each year.
Based on 2022 credit hour cost, a person completing this program at the recommended pace would have paid $24,750 in tuition.
Please use the Estimated Cost Calculator on the Bursar's Office website to calculate one academic (Fall/Spring) year's current tuition.
This program is an E-Rate program, so choose “yes” for the E-Rate line item within the calculator.
Online students pay the following fees: Connect UGA, Green, and Technology. The total for those fees in the fall semester of 2022 was $147 for students enrolled in exclusively online courses.
Visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for information about financial assistance.
Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs for the online Master of Business and Technology program.
Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit Veterans Educational Benefits to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
University System of Georgia Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The purpose of TAP is to foster the professional growth and development of eligible employees. For more information, see Tuition Assistance (refer to the Distance Learning section).
Note: TAP slots are limited and are accepted based on earliest application date.
- Computer with current operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux). Additional peripherals such as webcam, headphones, and printer may be required.
- High-speed internet access.
Smart device technology (smart phone or tablet)
Credit and Transfer
Total Hours Required to Earn Degree: 30 (credit hours)
Online Master of Business and Technology Admission Requirements
All graduate program admissions are handled by the UGA Graduate School. Once the graduate school reviews your application, it is forwarded to the Online Master of Business and Technology program for further review. Final decisions will be issued by a letter from the UGA Graduate School.
GRE Waivers are available for qualified students. Please contact the program administrators via email for more information or call (706) 452-7952.
Online Master of Business and Technology Application Checklist
- Application – Submit the Graduate School application online. Application fee: $75 Domestic/$100 International.
- Select Campus - Online
- Select Intended Program - MBT, Business, and Technology (Management Information Systems)[MBT_BUTC_ONL]
- Submit the Supplemental Application - Master of Business and Technology Supplemental Application - Submit online with the following documentation
- Short essay
- Information regarding satisfying or waiving the prerequisite introductory course in Java (course completion not required to apply, but must be completed before starting the Master of Business and Technology program).
- Entrance Exam Scores – You may choose to submit your scores for either the GRE or GMAT entrance exams. Please use UGA institutional code 5813 for ETS reporting. GRE Waivers are available for qualified candidates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you're eligible. In addition, international applicants must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Statement of Purpose – Upload to the Graduate School application. A statement of purpose should clarify your relevant background, interests, and goals, and indicate your intent for the online program.
- Transcripts – Submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended as part of the online application. Send
- Letters of Recommendation – Submit three letters of recommendation online to graduate school. Letters should be from individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s scholarly ability and potential for success in a graduate program. Preferably at least two of them are from faculty who have instructed the applicant in a previous program of study. The application will prompt your recommenders to submit their letters electronically.
Online Master of Business and Technology Application Deadline
Domestic and International applicants
- Fall semester: June 1
While applications received prior to April 1 receive priority consideration, the program will review all competitive applications received before June 1.
Online Master of Business and Technology Program Structure
The Online Master of Business and Technology program is designed for working professionals and is delivered through an online format of scheduled and self-paced coursework. Coursework is completed in 2 years. Each cohort begins in the fall term (August) and continues for 5 semesters.
While the first year focuses solely on coursework, the second year allows students to put their new skills to use and gain real-world experience on a sponsored project.
Students take 6-7 credit hours per semester as follows:
Although not required at the time of application, these prerequisites must be met before the start of the above listed coursework:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
While students benefit from having degrees in business, computer science or related areas, this is not a requirement for the program. Many students enroll with undergraduate degrees in liberal arts or other areas not related to business or computing.
- Introductory course in Java
The course should include introductory programming concepts and Java syntax. Those who have taken courses in an object-oriented computer programming language and have had the equivalent of at least one year programming experience are exempt from this requirement. Java courses are offered locally or online, including through the UGA Center for Continuing Education.
News & Events
Contact the online Master of Business and Technology Program Coordinator for answers to any additional questions you may have.
"I knew that getting a degree from a well-accredited business school would catch eyes on my resume and help to take me where I want to be in my career. As a full-time development lead, it was extremely important for me to find a program that caters to working professionals. The MBT program at The University of Georgia does just that. It has allowed me enough flexibility to continue excelling at work while furthering my education. " - Ashley Reese, '18
"My decision to earn my Master's at Georgia stemmed from many great sources. I work with several individuals who also have earned either an undergrad or higher from UGA. They have had nothing but great things to say about their experiences. Me personally, I have always been an admirer of the school and the rich history in its background. Runs in the family I suppose! " - Phillip Manville, '17