Graduate Certificate in eLearning Design
Offered through the Mary Frances Early College of Education Learning, Design, and Technology (LDT) Program, the University of Georgia’s online Graduate Certificate in eLearning Design prepares you to design and deliver eLearning in any industry, from K-12 and Higher Education to professional development trainers in business, healthcare, military, and government. This program is designed to help you develop the qualifications necessary to advance within your field or pursue a career in a new field of education while meeting the needs of new generations of students.
The University of Georgia is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Online students pay the following fees: Connect UGA, Green, and Technology. Potential additional costs include textbooks, exam proctoring fees, and technology upgrades.
Visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for information about financial assistance.
Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit Veterans Educational Benefits to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
University System of Georgia Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The purpose of TAP is to foster the professional growth and development of eligible employees. For more information, see Tuition Assistance (refer to the Distance Learning section).
Credit and Transfer
Total Hours Required to Earn Certificate: 15 (credit hours)
Maximum Hours Transferable into Program: N/A
Students who are not currently enrolled at UGA should apply to the graduate school for the Graduate Certificate program in eLearning Design and are not required to take entrance exams and submit letters of recommendation.
Currently enrolled UGA students who choose to pursue this certificate should submit this supplemental form with a single page Statement of Purpose. Upon admission to the program, you will then be assigned an advisor to ensure successful enrollment in courses.
- Application – Submit online to the Graduate School Admissions. Application fee: $75 Domestic/$100 International.
- Select Campus- Online
- Select Intended Program - CERG, eLearning Design (Career and info studies) [CERT_2ELN]
- Statement of purpose- Submit to the Graduate School online in your application. The statement of purpose should clarify the candidate’s relevant background, interests, and goals in relation to the eLearning Design certificate.
- Transcripts – Submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended as part of the online application. Send official transcripts after you are offered admission.
International Applicants - must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 15
- Summer: February 15
This fully online program is composed of five 3-credit hour classes.
Courses required for completion of the eLearning Design Certificate — Design and Development option:
NOTE: Student class scheduling is subject to course availability. All courses are offered at least once per year. Be sure to communicate with your academic advisor.
Additional information and disclosures regarding state licensure for professional practice in this field can be found at the UGA Licensure Disclosure Portal.
News & Events
Contact the online Learning Design and Technology Coordinator for answers to any additional questions you may have.
- Computer with current operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux). Additional peripherals such as webcam, headphones, and printer may be required.
- High-speed internet access.