This is the time of the year where many students start to feel their motivation dwindle, and their exhaustion levels rise. Some may even feel a lack of creativity or inspiration.
Graduate Certificate Clinical Trials Design and Management
Offered through the College of Pharmacy Regulatory Sciences Program, the University of Georgia’s online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Trials Design and Management will prepare you to lead and manage the development and implementation of the scientifically valid clinical study design including monitoring of clinical trials and directing daily clinical trial operations.
This interdisciplinary program encompasses critical core competency areas including biostatistics, federal regulations, bioethics, and project management. These areas are integral in drug product development and medical device design validation required for federal regulatory market clearance and commercialization.
The program plan is ideal for working professionals and consists of 17 semester credit hours, delivered online, with occasional live sessions at the UGA Gwinnett Campus. The certificate course work may be applied toward a Master’s Degree in Pharmacy with an emphasis in Regulatory Affairs.
The University of Georgia is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees. Questions about the accreditation of the University of Georgia may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
- Computer with current operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux). Additional peripherals such as webcam, headphones, and printer may be required.
- High-speed internet access.
- Free software requirements for UGA students –Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, Flash, and Firefox, Chrome browsers
Tuition and Fees
|Online Tuition||$720 per credit hour||17 credit hours||$12,240 USD|
|Student Fees||$597 per semester||2 semesters||$1,194 USD|
|Student Fees||$372 for < 5 credit hrs semester||1 semester||$372 USD|
|Total Program Cost||$13,806 USD|
If you register for less than 5 credit hours, student fees are reduced to $372 in that semester.
Tuition and fees are subject to change. Tuition is the same regardless of residency. Current tuition and fees are available on the Office of the Registrar website.
Online students pay the following fees: Connect UGA, Green, Special Institutional, and Technology. See UGA Tuition and Fees for the complete schedule of fees.
Additional costs may include:
- Exam proctoring fees
- Technology upgrades
Visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for information about financial assistance.
Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit Veterans Educational Benefits to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
University System of Georgia Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The purpose of TAP is to foster the professional growth and development of eligible employees. For more information, see Tuition Assistance (refer to the Distance Learning section).
Credit and Transfer
Total Hours Required to Earn Certificate: 17 (credit hours)
Maximum Hours Transferable into Program: N/A
Students who are not currently enrolled at UGA should apply to the graduate school for the Graduate Certificate program Clinical Trials Design and Management and are not required to take entrance exams and submit letters of recommendation. Preference will be given to applicants with a degree in sciences, healthcare, or engineering. Preference will also be given to applicants employed in the pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology industries, or related field.
Applying to the Certificate in Clinical Trials Design and Management Program is a two-step process. You will need to submit our departmental application and an application to the UGA Graduate School.
- Application - Submit online to the Graduate School Admissions. Application fee: $75 Domestic/ $100 International
- Select Campus - Online
- Select Intended Program - CERG, Clinical Trials Design and Management (College of Pharmacy) [CERT_2CTD]
- Submit the Supplemental Application - Certificate in Clinical Trials Design and Management Application (pdf) - Complete and email to email@example.com or mail to the department: Regulatory Affairs Graduate Education Program
The University of Georgia Gwinnett Campus
2530 Sever Road
Lawrenceville, Georgia 30043-4005
- Résumé or curriculum vita – Upload to the Graduate School application.
- Statement of Purpose - Submit to the Graduate School online in your application
- Transcripts - Submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended as part of the online application. Send official transcripts after you are offered admission.
- Letters of Recommendation – Submit two letters of recommendation online to graduate school. Letters should be from individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s scholarly ability and potential for success in a graduate program. The application will prompt your recommenders to submit their letters electronically.
International Applicants - must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Fall: June 1
- Fall: April 15
The program plan is ideal for working professionals and consists of 17 semester credit hours, delivered online, with occasional live sessions at the UGA Gwinnett Campus.
Sample Part-time Schedule
|Fall Term||Spring Term||Summer Term|
News & Events
|UGA Hosting International Good Manufacturing Practices Conference|
|UGA Remains on Kiplinger Best Value in Public Colleges List|
|Faculty and Student IT Guides from EITS|
|UGA’s Online Programs Ranked Among the Best In Nation by US News|