This is the time of the year where many students start to feel their motivation dwindle, and their exhaustion levels rise. Some may even feel a lack of creativity or inspiration.
Graduate Certificate International Biomedical Regulatory Sciences
Due to the rapidly expanding biomedical industries, an increase in the number of Regulatory Sciences professionals is needed to maintain compliance with regulatory policies and procedures for multiple product lines.
Offered through the College of Pharmacy, the University of Georgia’s online Graduate Certificate in International Biomedical Regulatory Sciences provides a foundational core covered in three semesters of coursework that will round out your experiences in regulatory affairs or prepare you to transition into the high demand field of regulatory sciences.
Specialized and convenient education is crucial for busy professionals to gain and maintain an understanding of the scientific and technical background of new or existing products including regulations for pharmacy compounding and international regulations. The program covers requirements for Pharmaceutical, Biologics, Medical Device, Animal Health, International Regulations, and Combination Products.
The online Regulatory Sciences Certificate coursework will prepare you for the RAC Exam, covering about 80% of the RAC Exam material, and can be applied toward the UGA online M.S. in Pharmacy with an emphasis in International Biomedical Regulatory Sciences.
The University of Georgia is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees. Questions about the accreditation of the University of Georgia may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
- Computer with current operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux). Additional peripherals such as webcam, headphones, and printer may be required.
- High-speed internet access.
- Free software requirements for UGA students –Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, Flash, and Firefox, Chrome browsers
Tuition & Fees
|Online Tuition||$720 per credit hour||14 credit hours||$10,080 USD|
|Student Fees||$597 per full semester||1 semester||$597 USD|
|Student Fees||$372 for < 5 credit hrs semester||2 semesters||$744 USD|
|Total Program Cost||$11,421 USD|
Tuition and fees are subject to change. Current tuition and fees are available on the Office of the Registrar website. If you register for less than 5 credit hours, student fees are reduced to $372 in that semester.
Online students pay the following fees: Connect UGA, Green, Special Institutional, and Technology. See UGA Tuition and Fees for the complete schedule of fees.
Additional costs may include:
- Exam proctoring fees
- Technology upgrades
Visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for information about financial assistance.
Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
Active duty military, veterans, and military families should visit Veterans Educational Benefits to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
University System of Georgia Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The purpose of TAP is to foster the professional growth and development of eligible employees. For more information, see Tuition Assistance (refer to the Distance Learning section).
Credit and Transfer
Total Hours Required to Earn Degree/Certificate: 14 (credit hours)
Maximum Hours Transferable into Program: N/A
Students who are not currently enrolled at UGA should apply to the graduate school for the Graduate Certificate program in International Biomedical Regulatory Sciences and are not required to take entrance exams and submit letters of recommendation. Preference will be given to applicants with a degree in sciences, healthcare, or engineering. Preference will also be given to applicants employed in the pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology industries, or related field.
Applying to the International Biomedical Regulatory Sciences Graduate Education Certificate Program is a two-step process. You will need to submit our departmental application and an application to the UGA Graduate School.
- Application - submit online to the Graduate School Admissions. Application fee: $75 Domestic/$100 International
- Select Campus - Online
- Select Intended Program -CERG, International Biomedical Regulatory Sciences (College of Pharmacy)[CERT_2IBR]
- Submit the Supplemental Application - Certificate in International Biomedical Regulatory Sciences Application (pdf) Complete and email to email@example.com or mail to the department: The University of Georgia Gwinnett Campus International Biomedical Regulatory Sciences 2530 Sever Road Lawrenceville, Georgia 30043-4005
- Résumé or curriculum vita – Upload to the Graduate School application.
- Statement of Purpose - Submit to the Graduate School online in your application
- Transcripts - Submit unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended as part of the online application. Send official transcripts after you are offered admission.
- Letters of Recommendation – Submit two letters of recommendation online to graduate school. Letters should be from individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s scholarly ability and potential for success in a graduate program. The application will prompt your recommenders to submit their letters electronically.
International Applicants - must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Fall: June 1
- Spring: November 1
- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 15
The program plan is ideal for working professionals and consists of 14 semester credit hours, delivered online, with occasional live sessions at the UGA Gwinnett Campus.
Sample Part-time Schedule
|Fall Term||Spring Term||Summer Term|
News & Events
Contact the online Regulatory Affairs Coordinator for answers to any additional questions you may have.
"I chose UGA because of its phenomenal pharmacy program. We are ranked amongst the top 25 schools in the nation. My understanding and respect for regulatory affairs has grown tremendously, making my online courses particularly interesting. The courses I'm taking have opened my eyes to new ways that I can help ensure public health and safety." - Tiffany Somereville, '20
"The faculty and staff of UGA’s online programs are welcoming, friendly, available, and willing to do what is necessary to help you succeed. I believe in the human touch and have felt a lifelong obligation to help others in any way possible. I hope to use my abilities to navigate members of the industry through regulatory compliance matters so that most people can receive the most therapeutic relief and the best medical treatment and diagnosis as possible." - John Mayhall, '21