“The benefit of teaching improvisation in the classroom is that it provides the opportunity for students to develop the art of musical expression through articulation, phrasing and inflection” says Skip Taylor, Music Education faculty at
Bachelor of Business Administration
Offered through the Terry College of Business, the University of Georgia’s online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree provides a broad background of practical business knowledge. Students major in General Business to prepare for careers as managers or entrepreneurs.
The UGA Online BBA degree is designed with full-time employees, military personnel and busy adults in mind. Courses are taught by the same respected faculty who teach in the on-campus program, and the University of Georgia online bachelor's programs are ranked #5 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Computer with current operating system (Windows or Mac). Additional peripherals such as webcam, headphones and printer may be required.
- High Speed Internet Access.
Tuition & Fees
|Online Tuition||$562 per credit hour||45-61 credit hours||$8,430||$25,290-$34,282|
|Student Fees||$591 per semester||9 semesters||$1,532||$4,596|
|Total Est. Cost||$9,962||$29,886-$38,878|
Tuition is the same regardless of residency. The total cost of the program will vary based on the number of credit hours required after transfer. However, a minimum of 45 credit hours must be earned at UGA.
Online students pay the following fees: Connect UGA, Green, Special Institutional and Technology. Current tuition and fees are available on the Bursar's Office website and are subject to change. If you register for less than 5 credit hours, student fees are reduced to $366 in that semester.
Additional costs include textbooks, exam proctoring fees and technology upgrades.
Visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for information about financial assistance.
Additional Sources of Tuition Assistance
- Corporate Assistance: Consult your employer about the availability of tuition reimbursement or tuition assistance programs.
- Military Assistance: Active duty military, veterans and military families should visit Veterans Educational Benefits to take full advantage of available financial assistance and educational benefits.
- University System of Georgia Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): The purpose of TAP is to foster the professional growth and development of eligible employees. For more information, see Tuition Assistance (refer to the Distance Learning section).
Credit & Transfer
- Total Hours Required to Earn Degree: 121 hours
- Minimum Transfer Hours: 60 hours
- Minimum Program Hours: 45 hours
Only transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions will be considered.
To be considered for the online BBA program, you must meet the following requirements:
- 60 transferable college credit hours
- Minimum overall and cumulative 2.8 GPA (former UGA students need a 2.6 overall GPA and a 2.0 UGA GPA)
- Completed all Core Areas I-VI (see Pre-Application Checklist)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two years of work experience (including military) and professional references
How to Apply
- Program Application – Complete the Online BBA Program Application. After a preliminary transcript review, the Program Coordinator will advise you as to the appropriate semester to complete your UGA Transfer Student Application.
- UGA Transfer Student Application – Transfer students must apply for Admission to UGA. Non-Refundable Application Fee: $60. NOTE: Do NOT apply to UGA until you have heard back from the Program Coordinator on the status of your Program Application.
- Official Transcripts – Submit official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities to UGA Undergraduate Admissions.
- International Applicants must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to UGA.
- Former UGA Students must have a minimum 2.6 overall GPA (transfer and UGA coursework combined) as well as a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA (UGA coursework only). Contact the Online BBA Program Coordinator for additional information. Former students will apply via Athena through the Registrar's Office rather than UGA Admissions. A non-refundable $25 application fee is required.
- International Applicants should refer to the UGA International Transfer Admission Requirements.
The Online BBA admits for the Spring (January), Summer (June) and Fall (August) semesters. Get started on your application early to meet the deadlines below.
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: May 1
- Fall: July 15
All course content, assignments and exams are delivered and completed online. Students take two consecutive 8-week courses per semester (6 credit hours total) in a prescribed sequence. Most students finish the program in three years with cohorts begining in January, June and August.
UGA Online BBA students complete 45-61 credit hours while enrolled; to satisfy university-wide degree requirements, students must earn 45 of their last 60 credit hours at the University of Georgia.
If you have not yet completed the core curriculum required to enter the program, attend an online information session for guidance and suggestions on how best to meet these requirements.
Upper Division Business Core (12 hours)
- MSIT 3000 Statistical Analysis for Business I
- FINA 3000 Financial Management
- MARK 3000 Principles of Marketing
- MGMT 3000 Principles of Management
Major Required Courses (21 hours)
All major courses must be completed with a grade of C (2.00) or better.
- ACCT 5001 Intermediate Accounting for Non-Majors
- FINA 4920 Financial Modeling
- LEGL 4400 Business Law
- MARK 4100 Consumer Buyer Behavior
- MGMT 4000 Operations Management
- MGMT 5560 International Strategic Management
- MGMT 5920 Organizational Behavior
Upper Division General Electives (12 hours)
- ECON 4040 International Business Environment
- REAL 4000 Real Estate
- RMIN 4000 Risk Management and Insurance
- Choose one additional (3-hour) course 3000-level or above; can be satisfied with a non-Terry prefix course.
Arts & Sciences Electives and Physical Education
To graduate, 15 hours of Arts and Sciences Electives and 1 hour of Physical Education are required. If you need hours in these areas, choose 1000-5000 level Arts and Sciences courses and/or PEDB 1950 Fitness for Life Walking. See the UGA online course listing for options.
Graduation in Athens
After completing all degree requirements, Terry College of Business graduates are encouraged to celebrate their success by attending graduation on the historic Athens campus of the University of Georgia. The Terry Graduation Convocation is held in May. The UGA Commencement ceremony is offered two times a year.
News & Events
|Online BBA Student Kayleigh Barnes is Excited to Pursue Her Dream Job After Earning Her Degree||
Kayleigh Barnes was pursuing her bachelor’s degree at the University of Georgia in 2006, but left to work in health care before she graduated.
|Rigor of the UGA Online BBA Program Exceeds Student Wallace Moneyhun’s Expectations||
With over a decade of work experience, Wallace Moneyhun believed he would have little to learn in UGA’s Online BBA program. However, he quickly realized the rigor of the courses and has already integrated information from his classes in his job.
|Collaboration Between UGA and Georgia Highlands College Has Positive Impact||
Georgia Highlands College (GHC) students looking to transfer into an online degree program to finish their Bachelor’s degrees have a unique opportunity at the University of Georgia. Because of a collaboration between the two schools, students hoping to transfer to UGA can know that after applying and being admitted into the online Bachelor’s degree completion program of their choice, their credits from GHC will transfer over to UGA.
|UGA Online BBA Student Nyaboke Machini Loves the Flexibility of Getting Her Degree Online||
Nyaboke Machini's first bachelor's degree from the University of Georgia led her to a job at a nonprofit startup. In this lean environment, where everyone wore many hats, she developed an interest in becoming a project manager and consultant. Nyaboke wanted to sharpen her business acumen in order to successfully navigate her way into this new field, so she returned to UGA to enroll in the online Bachelor of Business Administration degree completion program offered by the Terry College of Business.
|Student Profile: Anthony Fauci, BBA||
Anthony Fauci was searching for a challenging degree-completion program that would give him skills respected by employers. He wanted a degree from an accredited institution that would open new doors and present new opportunities for career advancement. After looking into the Terry College of Business and its national ranking, Anthony was sold on receiving his online BBA at UGA.
|Faces of UGA Online: Lorretta Arrington||
Once Lorretta Arrington was discharged from the military, it was easy for her to secure a job. However, during the recession she realized additional education was imperative for her career to grow and thrive. Lorretta was working full-time and finishing her associate’s degree when she heard about UGA’s Online BBA degree completion program. UGA and Online? For Lorretta, nothing else needed to be said.
|UGA Nationally Reaffirmed as a Top Military School||
Once again, the University of Georgia has been nationally reaffirmed in 2016 as Military Friendly, Best for Vets and a Top Military College/University. Since the establishment of the Student Veterans Resource Center (SVRC) in the spring of 2013, UGA has made significant progress in connecting student veterans to one another, as well as to campus and community resources. UGA continues to maintain active affiliation with both the Student Veterans of America and the Got Your Six campaign, where faculty and staff attend a training session to become certified as veteran-friendly.
|Order Items Online, Come To Graduation In Person!||
As we all know, graduation is coming up, and spring and summer graduates are gearing up for this special day. At UGA Online, we are of the firm opinion that our online students should have the same graduation experience as in-person students.
|UGA faculty learn to apply the Quality Matters rubric to online courses||
Over 30 of the University of Georgia's faculty and staff who teach online courses participated in a Quality Matters workshop last semester offered through UGA's Office of Online Learning. Quality Matters is a faculty-centered, peer review process intended to promote the design and development of quality online courses, and the Applying the Quality Matters Rubric workshop introduces course designers to these standards.
|Guest Blog: Online Video Tutorials for Distance Education Students||
By: Lynn Cahoon
The library research resources available to distance learners and faculty have never been better. No matter what your topic or where you are studying, the books and articles you need are only a few clicks away. But to find them, you’ll have to learn to use the GIL online catalog and GALILEO databases, which can seem intimidating to the uninitiated.
Contact the online BBA Coordinator for answers to any additional questions you may have.
Email us using the request for information form
Ready to learn more about UGA’s Online BBA degree completion program? Join us for a program overview and get detailed information about admission requirements, tuition and fees. Each presentation is followed by a question and answer session.